We have compiled this Resource Center to provide you with
tools and information to complement our tax services. From
here, you can track your tax refund, use our handy
calculators, or stay current on the latest tax issues
affecting individuals and businesses.
STATEMENT REGARDING THE IRS STIMULUS CHECK:
Last week, as part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security ("CARES") Act, the U.S. Federal Government began delivering "Economic Impact Payments" to eligible Americans. These direct cash payments to individuals and families are for financial relief during the coronavirus pandemic, and are sometimes referred to as "stimulus checks."
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is responsible for the timing, amount and distribution of these payments, and has stated that payments will be sent in waves over the course of multiple weeks into July 2020.
- The IRS will distribute payments using the information that the IRS has on file for each eligible individual or family.
- For most of the recipients, payments will be deposited directly into the same bank account that they have most recently used to receive a tax refund or monthly Social Security payment.
- Others will receive paper checks in the mail, at the address that the IRS has on file for that individual.
- Banks cannot and do not provide personal account or address information to the IRS.
- Direct deposits are posted for open accounts on the effective date set by the Treasury.
Please note that you’re seeing the same things we are and learning at the same time. Unfortunately, we don’t have any additional guidance other than what’s posted here--we don’t have any insider knowledge.
So, below is the link to the IRS website regarding FAQ
Am I eligible, and when will my payment arrive? Contact the IRS.
I have questions about the amount of my payment. Who can help me?
- Visit the IRS website for information regarding eligibility, requesting, calculating and receiving payments.
- You can check status of your payment, payment type (direct deposit or paper check) and how to set up a direct deposit if available at the IRS Get my Payment website.
- We do not have information on Economic Impact Payment eligibility, timing or distribution. These payments are decided and distributed solely by the IRS.
What can I do to help protect against fraud? Take these steps.
- Check the IRS website for information about your payment status and account information.
- Make sure your contact information is accurate in your account.
- Set up security and account alerts.
- Remember, the IRS will NEVER ask for personal or financial information or an access code through email, text, or unsolicited calls.
If you don’t see any information on the website at this time either 1) You’re not eligible or 2) The IRS hasn’t yet processed your individual payment.